Angeline Yong Hua Jing

Ok ok, finally got down to putting together this belated Christmas, Early New Year's present for a cat.

My first encounter with the 'Cat' was during the orientation at UNL. Cat was helping out and I had just arrived. As I reached the table to pick up some forms, here's this Chinese girl who asks me if I was Nicholas or something similar and I was like 'Who are you' - in my head of course. For a jet-lagged Malaysian still trying to familiarise himself with good ole Lincoln NE, a stranger calling you by name is a pretty freaky thing.

The next memory of Hua Jing was on the trip to/back (sorry getting old-er) to/from the Rock camp in Iowa. Sitting in the back of someone's car talking about Worship - I remember feeling interrogated by her but it was good to find someone to talk 'music' to.

Anyhow, that was the beginning of this unique friendship with Angeline - played guitar to her keyboard on the Xtreme and Christ Place Worship team. Cooked with her and CK and countless others during the now much-missed Saturday night feasts at #4 521 N 25th Street.
Xtreme @ The Park during summer.
Cooking Beef Rendang/Curry for some International Food Feast for the Lutheran Chapel - I mean how can you forget cutting 10lbs of beef in one night...
She took me shopping for Xmas gifts for Olivia - before I headed out to spend Christmas in California - a truly remarkable Christmas.
She lent me her car so I could do my research for class and do groceries as well.
Yes, late night grocery shopping at Walmart - a definite memory.
Lunches at China Inn

Something Lawrence and I will never forget - Angeline's clunky shoes and the sound they made as she stomped her way up to my apartment. Who needs a bell when you have those shoes and somewhat hollow floors!

The dishes I remember eating at #4 - Fish Curry, Chicken Curry, Corn Soup, Fish Porridge and Rendang.

I know this isn't a very good, chronological post but I'm typing as I remember stuff so no complaints ok.

Lastly, I will always remember Angeline for her eccentricness, her love of Drama/Serials (when she's obsessed with something, watch out!), soft toys (esp. cats), Kah Kheng (hehe) and her heart for God which has always encouraged me.

To Angie, I hope to hear more great stuff from you in the coming year. And I'm still waiting for the complete account of KK & HJ.

Comments

angeline said…
hehe...here is a comment. thanks neekums. it is surprising how much your remember and how much i forgot.

cat
hua jing
angeline
angie
hj

Popular Posts