Hunter S. Thompson

I'm here again. Yes, I was really fighting it. No, I didn't want to blog but I was compelled. By who you say? By what? By THIS.

If you do click on the link, you'll be taken to the New York Times and if you go through the process of logging in/signing up, you'll be taken to an article on one Hunter S. Thompson (yes the title pays homage (well somewhat) to the man).

Really the only reason why I'm blogging is because I've read some of the guy's work! In school! And somehow when someone dies that you've read, it seems like a monumental event. Mr. Thompson's writing style did in some way influence my own - the fact that he was very eager to write in first-person (as a journalistic style) and that it felt like he was playing the role of an eager story-teller, leaving all the real juicy details in.

Ok, ok enuff on Hunter S. Thompson.

I feel old.

And you know you're old when one of your favorite adolescent bands (as in you were an adolescent when they were famous and you knew the lyrics to each song on at least one of their albums plus you've listened to the album so many times that it plays itself in your subconcious mind to this day) has released a greatest hits album.

Oh how time flies.
Quick scratch that itch before it's too late!

Comments

Popular Posts