Eat The Sci-Fi of yester-year

It's incredible where technology seems to be taking us - the rate at which it is going and the places we are going to - and more often than naught, I'm incredibly surprised at how little we know of the research that has been going on in and around us.
Take this link for example, http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/11/dining/11heat.html?8hpib - self-heating cans of coffee are only the beginning and as the article says, self-heating cans have been around in various forms. Maybe I'm just ignorant, ill-informed, under my incredibly enormous, invisible shell. But seriously, do you want to eat in your car?! Especially when it's not a drive-iin or a drive through but something that you got off the shelf in a local supermarket.
If that's the vision for the future, I'm not sure I want to step a foot in... I'm sure they'll drag me but I'll be kicking, screaming and clawing my way back.
In this case, I want to be old, narrow-minded and *gasp* old-fashioned!

Comments

Popular Posts