Ahhhhh Bali...

You know, sometimes all it takes is a little real-ness to kickstart an hrmmm maybe I'll call it an obsession. I used to think that Bali was overated... until I got there. Now, I just want to keep going back!
Was there in August last year - actually sorta celebrated my birthday there - and loved so many things about it!
The people are great - so warm, thoughtful and friendly (minus those who are only there to get your money). The food was good, lots of spices and not exorbitant (as long as you stay away from the Haute Cuisine Places). I mean, I never would have thought that a plate of nasi campur was so, so, satisfying. Or Nasi Goreng. Or Gado-gado. I want to go back to just have all those for one day - and the beaches and the sunsets. Wows and the culture... so colorful, so rich.

The hotels are great... attention to detail (according to my lovely wife) is fantastic and the shopping is simply fabulous. Cheap stuff (well you do have to hunt for them n bargain like there's no tomorrow), and lots of variety as well.

Is kinda sad that they've been so badly affected by the bombings.

Ok, writing juice is running dry. And I'm not up to looking at posting pics. Another time. another day another rambling.

Comments

Popular Posts